A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Monday, October 27, 2014

CTMH Artfully Sent Happy Birthday pop up card for 90th birthday

Hello! My Grandma recently turned 90 and I have been in a whirlwind trying to make decorations for her parties. Today, I am sharing her 90th birthday card. The card was quick and easy to make, but looked so elegant and time consuming!!  I used the new CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge and my explore. The outside of the card was decorated with the flower I had stamped and water color penciled in a previous video I shared. The pink rose was made with the CTMH Artiste cartridge. Grandma was from design space subscription. I thought it was perfect with her with the flowers. She used to arrange the flowers at church and has always loved flowers.  
 
The inside of the card was just attached to the outer card layer and I had the explore write out Happy 90th Birthday on the pop up piece. All papers are from my stash. 
 
She absolutely loved her card.
 
Look that is left on the mat!! If I had cut this in sticker paper then all those little bits would have made a perfect new project! Stay tuned for Nov 1st, I'll be showing you how I reused these bits along with showing off the CTMH Yuletide paper pack in a blog hop.
For the rest of this week, I will try and catch up what I have been working on and Halloween projects. Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day,
 
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I love your card it turned out so gorgeous!! WOW I sure see what you mean about the leftovers on the mat absolutely so beautiful too...hopefully you were able to still use it by putting thru you Xyron......fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Thank you so much for your sweet compliment! I did reuse the tiny scraps and I am excited to share the result on this Sat. I don't have a Xyron, but that is ok I liked the result anyway!

      Delete
  2. I would never forget your kindness.. Get the one you love. The best wholesale handmade cards i ever see.. Such beautiful ideas. How inventive to make the die into a pop-up card

    ReplyDelete